DGI has three, issue-based committees: Economic Development focuses on business retention and recruitment issues. Marketing and Communications target sponsorship, advertising and public relation concerns. Environmental addresses cleanliness, design, parking and planning issues. The committees are responsible for implementing projects and initiatives for Board review and approval.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Committees generally meet once per month. Economic Development the first Thursday of the month at noon. Marketing and Communications meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 3:30. Environmental meets the second Thursday of the month at 9:00.
- Committees are limited to no more than 15 members.
- Any downtown business owner, property owner, employee, resident or financial contributor can request to serve on a DGI committee.
- Professionals without a direct economic stake in Downtown (i.e. Triad Real Estate and Building Industry Coalition, Greensboro Partnership, etc.) are eligible to serve.
- Committee members serve one year terms and can be reappointed.
- Committee members must attend 66% of the scheduled meetings.
- Committees must maintain a balance of representatives from a variety of geographic and economic sectors (i.e. retail, office, restaurants, Southside, non-profits, etc.)