Careers | Job Posting(s)
There is currently 1 open position at Downtown Greensboro Incorporated.
|REPORTS TO||DGI Board of Directors|
Downtown Greensboro, Inc. is an economic development organization focused on stimulating investment and activity in the center city. DGI is a non-profit entity and is led by a 26-member Board of Directors composed of volunteers representing specific stakeholders in the center city. These stakeholder categories insure that the Board represents diverse interests and viewpoints in the center city. DGI’s primary focus is to lead the development of Downtown Greensboro as a prosperous and vibrant urban center, memorable and meaningful for those who choose to live, work, play and invest here. The DGI Board of Directors believes that a prosperous and vibrant downtown is crucial to the overall health of the City.
DGI is seeking a President/CEO that will be responsible for implementing, executing and managing the mission and strategic directions of DGI; developing/maintaining excellent relationships with all downtown and community stakeholders, including elected officials, property owners and developers, business operators, residents, government agencies, and community leaders. Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and will be competitive for a nonprofit leadership position.
POSITION SUMMARY: The President/CEO has the responsibility to implement, execute and manage the mission and strategic directions of DGI, develop/maintain excellent relationships with all downtown and community stakeholders, including elected officials, property owners and developers, business operators, residents, government agencies, and community leaders. He or she reports to a volunteer Board of Directors.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. To assist DGI in its mission to become a strong leader and generator of economic development for downtown Greensboro.
2. Provide leadership, vision and strategic directions to the organization that is consistent with the mission as established in conjunction with the board of directors.
3. Oversee day-to-day operations, assuring fiscal responsibility in the funding and financial management of DGI.
4. Serve as primary liaison to the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, City and Government officials, political leadership, and private sector key stakeholders.
5. Effectively work in collaborative partnership with government officials, developers, community and business leaders, residents and all downtown stakeholders to enhance the vitality of downtown Greensboro.
6. Effectively lead and manage the DGI staff for efficiency and productivity.
7. Provide the Executive Committee and Board of Directors with all appropriate information and assist them as needed in addressing key issues with the organization and downtown community.
8. Represent the organization positively and professionally within the Greensboro community in order to provide community leadership and business development opportunities.
9. Accurately report the financial results of the organization, in a timely manner, in conjunction with the CFO.
10. Maintain awareness of legal and political issues and developments that have the potential to impact the organization and downtown Greensboro.
11. Create and maintain a culture that is consistent with the values of the DGI organization.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: 4-year bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field such as city planning, real estate, finance, architecture, urban design, or public administration, with a strong preference for a master’s degree in a related discipline. Any equivalent combination of education, training or experience may be considered.
Experience: Requires 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in downtown redevelopment or similar capacity, preferably in business improvement district, TIF or similar financing vehicles, urban development, the Main Street Program, and economic development.
Necessary Skills & Expertise which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
1. Demonstrated experience as a visionary – the ability to see beyond today – to lead in the development and implementation of a vision and strategy for DGI.
2. Exceptional strengths in business management with the ability to leverage the players in both the private and public sectors, keeping them engaged and focused on the vision for downtown Greensboro.
3. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with persons and groups directly or indirectly involved in the planning, maintenance, operations, and development of downtown Greensboro.
4. Creative drive with a proven ability to maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
5. Political skills to understand when community issues merit the involvement of DGI and the ability to navigate the political environment appropriately regarding these issues.
6. Demonstrated interest in and commitment to community involvement, with a track record of effectiveness.
7. Exceptional strength in financial analysis, oral and written communication at all levels, presentation skills, decision-making, problem-solving, and ability to form and foster relationships within the downtown community.
8. Managerial skills to manage a non-profit entity, working with a volunteer board of directors.
License(s)/Certification(s) Requirements: None required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Resumes will be reviewed as received through the application close deadline.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by July 31, 2013 to:
Mark Prince – Committee Chair
225 Commerce Place
Greensboro, NC 27401
No Phone Inquiries