2014 Road Closings
For listing of road closings (this is all inclusive in Greensboro) click here
Two Downtown Roads Closed on Oct. 20
GREENSBORO, NC (Oct. 16, 2014) – Due to a special event, the following roads in downtown Greensboro will be closed from 4 am – 2 pm on Monday, Oct.20:
• Elm Street between W. Washington Street and Market Street
• February 1 Place between Greene Street and Davie Street
Officers from the Greensboro Police Department will be staffing the closures and re-directing traffic.
Greensboro Marathon Affects Traffic in Downtown and Lake Brandt Areas on Oct. 18
GREENSBORO, NC (October 2, 2014) – “The Greensboro Marathon” will affect traffic in the downtown and Lake Brandt areas from 5:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on October 18. Motorists can expect permanent and intermittent closures along the route (see maps) from 5:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. Vehicular traffic will be prohibited along:
• Elm Street between Friendly Avenue and Bellemeade Street (5:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
• Elm Street between Bellemeade Street and Cornwallis Road (7:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
• One northbound lane of Lawndale Drive between New Garden Road and Lake Brandt Road (7:00 a.m. - 2:00p.m.)
• One northbound lane of Lawndale Drive between Liberty Drive and Dellwood Drive one lane (7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
• One westbound lane of Pisgah Church Road between Willoughby Blvd and Normandy Road (7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
• The northbound lane of Lake Brandt Road between Air Harbor Road and Plainfield Road (8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
• The southbound lane of Church Street between Archergate Road and Air Harbor Road (8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
Other streets along the route will experience intermittent closures as the race progresses to provide a safe route for participants. Motorists are reminded that pedestrians have the right of way, and are asked to use caution where participants are present.
Roads in Downtown Area Affected by Greater Greensboro Crop Hunger Walk
GREENSBORO, NC (October 9, 2014) – “Greater Greensboro Crop Hunger Walk” on Sunday, October 19 will affect traffic in the Downtown area from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Motorists can expect permanent closures along the route from 12:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m. Specifically, vehicular traffic will be prohibited on:
• Bellemeade Street between Edgeworth St and Eugene St. (full closure, 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
• Bellemeade Street between Eugene St. and Greene St. (full closure, 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
The following streets will experience full closure during the time range of (2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
• Greene Street between Battleground Ct. and McGee St.
• McGee Street between Federal Pl. and Davie St.
• Washington Street between Federal Pl. and Greene St.
• Washington Street between High St. and Davie St.
• Davie Street between Washington St. and Martin Luther King Dr.
• Elm Street between Smothers Pl. and McGee St.
• Elm Street between Lindsay St. and Bellemeade St.
• Martin Luther King Drive between Davie St. and Murray St.
• Gorrell Street between Martin Luther King Dr. and High St.
• Church Street between Washington St. and Summit Ave.
• Summit Avenue between Church St. and Elm St.
Motorists are reminded that pedestrians have the right of way, and are asked to use caution where participants are present.