2015 Road Closings
For listing of road closings (this is all inclusive in Greensboro) click here
Project scheduled to last for one year 2015 - 2016 - Water line replacement, storm water and light sewer line maintenance will take place in June and/ or July of this year at E. Lindsay Street from N. Murrow Blvd to N. Greene St. the Water Resources Dispatcher 336- 373-2033. This line is answered 24 hours/7 days a week.
Undetermined - Bellemeade Village Development - Eugene and Lindsey sidewalk closure
Undetermined - Southeastern Building Renovation - Lane closure on Market St. between Elm St. and Davie St.
Roads near the Fisher Park area Affected by the Freedom 10K and 2 Mile Run
GREENSBORO, NC (June 16, 2015) – “Freedom 10K and 2 Mile Run” on Saturday, June 27th will affect traffic near the Fisher Park area from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Motorists can expect permanent closures along the route (see map) from
7:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. Specifically, vehicular traffic will be prohibited on:
• Greene St. from Bellemeade Street to Lindsay Street (6:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.)
• Greene St. from Lindsay Street to Florence Street (7:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
• Smith St. from Battleground Avenue to Elm Street (7:45 a.m. -10:00 a.m.)
• Fisher Ave. from Lindsay Street to Greene Street (7:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
• Elm St. from Smith Street to Country Club Drive (7:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
Other streets along the race route will experience intermittent traffic restrictions as runners pass through the area
Motorists are reminded that pedestrians have the right of way, and are asked to use caution where participants are present.
2015 Fun Fourth Festival- As part of our special events permitting process we are required by the City of Greensboro to notify residents & merchants within the Festival area regarding street closings.
Greene Street Deck (enter Greene @ Market) will remain open July 3rd. It will be closed on July 4th.
The Paid Lot at McGee & Federal will remain open to the public on July 3rd. It will be closed to the public on July 4th.
Residents/ Tenants at Smothers Place Lofts will receive access passes to Smothers Street closer to the Festival.
Please note a portion of the McGee/Elm lot will be blocked for use at 11am 7/3 for Ride set-up and inspection. The remainder of the lot & the Elm/Greene lot will be open until 5pm on 7/3.
Parking Passes for Employees for 7/4 are available. Please phone or email a request. Contact 336.274.4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please look over the schedule & map and contact us with any questions 336.274.4595 or email@example.com
Roads Closed for the Fun 4th Parade
GREENSBORO, NC (June 22, 2015) –Beginning at 6:00 a.m. on July 4, Greensboro police will begin closing roads in the downtown area to provide a safe route for participants in the “Fun 4th Parade”.
Motorists can expect permanent closures along the route (see map) from 6:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. Specifically, vehicular traffic will be prohibited on:
• Greene St. from Bellemeade Street to Smith Street closes at 6:00 a.m.
• Battleground Ct. from Lindsay Street to Greene Street closes at 6:00 a.m.
• Paisley St. from Smith Street to Greene Street closes at 6:00 a.m.
• Greene St. from Bellemeade Street to Market Street closes at 8:30 a.m.
• Market St. from Eugene Street to Elm Street closes at 8:30 a.m.
• Friendly Ave. from Elm Street to John Wesley Way closes at 8:30 a.m.
All roads should be open by 11:00 a.m.
Motorists are reminded that pedestrians have the right of way, and are asked to use caution where participants and spectators from the parade are present.